High School 3, Semester
High School Composition 3 is a sixteen-week course that includes a timed essay and a variety of writing assignments that cover all four major modes of writing: narrative, descriptive, expository, and persuasive. The class is ideal for the college-bound student.
Students who complete the course will be able to…
- write for a variety of purposes, including narration, description, exposition, and persuasion.
- defend an opinion using structured, rational argumentation.
- engage the writing process by employing the following five steps in composing every paper: prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, publishing.
- demonstrate comprehension of basic mechanics rules in their writing.
- demonstrate proficiency at writing under time constraints.
- improve their writing across a wide range of broad evaluative areas, including content, style and form.