High School Essay Writing 2
This eight-week course follows Essay I and is designed to further equip students to write persuasive essays. Particular emphasis will be placed on literary writing and preparing for standardized test essays.
Students who complete the course will be able to…
- Create a clear and concise thesis statement.
- Defend an opinion using rational, structured argumentation.
- Respond to feedback on their writing through revising and proofreading.
- Write a variety of essays of differing purpose.
- Analyze a work of literature.
- Write a response essay similar to those found on the SAT and other standardized tests.