High School Expository Writing 3
This eight-week class is a continuation of High School Expository Writing Workshop 2. The lesson content of this course discusses issues like avoiding self-consciousness, and clichés, and other helpful tips for advanced writers. In addition to a diagnostic assignment, students will write two expository papers in three drafts each under the guidance and instruction of their personal writing coach.
Students who complete the course will be able to…
- write effective expository papers.
- respond to coach feedback on their writing through revising and proofreading.
- understand and apply concepts like parallelism to their writing.
- write sentences that are structurally varied.
- engage the writing process by employing the following five steps in composing every paper: prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, publishing.
- improve their writing across a wide range of broad evaluative areas, including content, style and form.