High School Creative Writing 2
This eight-week class is a continuation of High School Creative Writing Workshop 1. The lesson content of this course will discuss issues like plot, descriptive details, conflict, and character. In addition to a diagnostic assignment, students will write creative compositions in three drafts each under the guidance and instruction of their personal writing coach.
Note: The assignments and lesson content of this course significantly overlap High School Composition 2. We therefore do not recommend this course for students who have completed H.S. Composition 2.
Students who complete the course will be able to…
- write effective narrative and descriptive papers.
- respond to coach feedback on their writing through revising and proofreading.
- understand and apply concepts like plot, detail, conflict, and character to their writing.
- understand and apply the concept of showing, rather than telling in their writing.
- engage the writing process by employing the following five steps in composing every paper: prewriting, drafting, revising, proofreading, publishing.
- improve their writing across a wide range of broad evaluative areas, including content, style and form.